Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

Promotion/Graduation

Well, it's that time of year! yes, i am graduating on the 16th and 17th, this coming monday and tuesday. monday is our real promotion ceremony, while the last day of school is just a play day. after the promotion ceremony where we receive our monthly awards, olympics medals, reflections awards and checks, talent show awards, presidential awards, and other stuff. we also sing a promotion song, and the song we voted for this year is "Lean on Me". if you've never heard it before, it goes like this:

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

** Chorus: Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show

**Chorus

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

**Chorus

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me... Call me... Call me... Call meee........

After the promotion ceremony, which will start at 8:30 AM till around 11 or 12, we can go home if our parents want to take us. YEAH! i have a birthday Cold Stone's free ice cream thing, so i'm planning on getting ice cream after lunch!

i'm graduating! i'm graduating elementary school! i remember last year, when i was such a quiet, innocent little girl. well, actually, i just looked innocent, but on the inside, oh, it's a different story! -evil cackle- but now, i'm really outgoing, and i talk alot, and since school's almost over, i'm trying to live up to the moment and really, really, socialize with people. especially during recess. now, i play football, handball, and basketball during recess, and shiree and i like to go around pinching people. and just yesterday, my friend brandyn came over to my house and then we went and played with angelo and one of his three dogs.

so at the the moment, things are going great! no homework, no stress, life feels good for cindy!

1 comment:

Cherry said...

awww.... my baby's all grown up... sniff sniff