Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why I Read -short blurb.

We're reading Fahrenheit 451 in English, right now, and we have daily discussions on various aspects from book, one being "Why People Read".

So... Why do I read?

Like I have said before in previous blog posts, I am not loving this school year, thus far. There's no enthusiasm in waking up at 6 or earlier every morning, and nothing to look forward to throughout the day. It's 5:46, and though I've been home for more than an hour, I haven't started homework yet. Instead, I've been reading short stories and such on inkpop.com. I want something to look forward to in my life right now, but unfortunately I don't, so what do I do? I read, and it makes me feel like I am the main character in the story, and I get to feel what they're feeling. I get to look forward to their first date, or first pet dragon- whatever.

In short, I read when my own life is uninteresting.


Edit: That's not true. I admit my life is very interesting, and at this moment, I wouldn't want to trade it with anyone. However, that's not to say that my life hasn't been better, and I do wish for more. So yeah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How conflicting :o.

I think I'm addicted to reading. My guess is that I love losing myself in stuff that I know could never happen in real life but can "experience" in books.