Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking like shit......zu

My yearbook teacher (who is my favorite teacher in the world) one day told me about a female student of hers who attends an all-girls school. That student said that she loves her school so much because all the girls are so relaxed and 'chill' without any boys. No one wears makeup, or feels the need to fix their hair every morning, and most girls just go to school in pajamas or sweats everyday. I didn't really understood. While my teacher was telling me about that I sort of thought, "Even if I went to an all-girls school, I would still do everything I do in the morning and make myself look all nice. It must be terrible to go to school where everyone looks like a slug."

But I just curled my hair using rollers after I took a shower, and my hair is very pretty right now. I finished spraying my hair with super hard hold hairspray, hoping that it'll last until the morning. (Which I really doubt, but it's worth a shot!) As I chat (or actually stop chatting) with Jimmy, I am kind of realizing that I'm not all that excited about dressing up for school anymore. I'm actually just, overall, not excited to go to school. I really don't mind wearing my hobo windbreaker jacket and a potato-sack shirt. Why? Because there are no boys in my life that matter enough for me to want to make a huge effort. I admit that last year, there were quite a few. Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but I'm starting to think that the whole reason why girls dress nicely (or try to) is to "impress" some guy at school. Lucky guys.

Meh.

No comments: