Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Senioritis in 8th Grade?

Lately, more than a few people have told me that I've been slacking off and not focusing; that I am getting "senioritis" in 8TH GRADE.

It's true that I have a B (now a B+) in history, and a border-line A in science (which I HAVE to raise up in order to get into Bio Honors next year), and that I always want to sleep and I hate violin now.

I don't know why it's happening. Well, maybe I have an idea of why, but that's still no excuse. Why can't I be what my parents and teachers want me to be? =(

But I realized a while ago that I could never do that. It would be a dream come true for everyone if I:

-studied for 3 hours everyday
-practiced piano for 3 hours everyday
-practiced violin for 3 hours everyday
-practiced saxophone for 3 hours everyday
-practiced Chinese zither for 3 hours everyday
-played outside for 1 hour everyday
-read for 1 hour everyday
-read ahead in textbooks for 1 hour everyday

etc etc etc.

But that's already 18 hours right there. + 8 hours of school=26 hours. There are only 24 hours in a day. SEE? No matter what I do, I will never be any of my teachers' dream student or a perfect daughter. I guess this is what being Asian does to you!

No comments: