- “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”
- “If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.”
- "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."
- "Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."
- "If you care about what others think, you will always be their prisoner." -James Frey
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do..."
- M. Twain
- "Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- “People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and the life you live. Let them... you affected their lives, they didn't affect yours.”
- “Those with the greatest awareness have the greatest nightmares.”
- "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
- "I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold."
- "Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."
- I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
- Life is never easy for those who dream.
-Robert James Waller
- Life well spent is long.
-Leonardo da Vinci
- May you live every day of your life. [HAHAHAHHAHA]
- There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
- To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.
-Emily Dickinson [Somehow, this makes sense :O]
- You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
- Your life is what your thoughts make it.
- "I'm going to stop procrastination- sometime soon."
- "Tomorrow, I'm going to be more assertive- if that's okay with you."
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." -Bill Cosby
- "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"
- "All my possessions for one moment of time." -Queen Elizabeth I
- "To realize the value of One Year,
Ask a student who failed his or her AP exams.
To realize the value of One Month,
Ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of One Week,
Ask an editor of a weekly magazine.
To realize the value of One Day,
Ask a daily wage laborer who has six kids to feed.
To realize the value of One Hour,
Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of One Minute,
Ask a person who missed their train.
To realize the value of One Second,
Ask the person who survived an accident
To realize the value of One Millisecond,
Ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics."
- "Would you tell me please which way I ought to walk from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. "I don't care much where-" said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way to walk," said the Cat.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
keke I'm going to make a list quotes/phrases I like, just like my 1001 favorite books list. It will fill up as time goes on. In NO order: