Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

1001 Quotes

keke I'm going to make a list quotes/phrases I like, just like my 1001 favorite books list. It will fill up as time goes on. In NO order:
  1.  Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.
  2. If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.
  3. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."
  4. "Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."
  5. "If you care about what others think, you will always be their prisoner." -James Frey
  6. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do..."
    - M. Twain
  7. "Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
    -Robert Frost 
  8. People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and the life you live. Let them... you affected their lives, they didn't affect yours.
  9. Those with the greatest awareness have the greatest nightmares.
  10. "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."   
  11. "I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold." 
  12. "Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."
    -Pablo Picasso
  13. I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
    -John Burroughs  
  14. Life is never easy for those who dream.
    -Robert James Waller 
  15. Life well spent is long.
    -Leonardo da Vinci  
  16.  May you live every day of your life. [HAHAHAHHAHA]
    -Jonathan Swift
  17.  There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last.
    -Robert Louis Stevenson
  18. To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.
    -Emily Dickinson  [Somehow, this makes sense :O]
  19. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
    -Albert Camus
  20. Your life is what your thoughts make it.
    -Marcus Aurelius  
  21.  "I'm going to stop procrastination- sometime soon."
  22. "Tomorrow, I'm going to be more assertive- if that's okay with you." 
  23. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." -Bill Cosby
  24. "A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"
  25. "All my possessions for one moment of time." -Queen Elizabeth I
  26. "To realize the value of One Year,
    Ask a student who failed his or her AP exams.
    To realize the value of One Month,
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
    To realize the value of One Week,
    Ask an editor of a weekly magazine.
    To realize the value of One Day,
    Ask a daily wage laborer who has six kids to feed.
    To realize the value of One Hour,
    Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
    To realize the value of One Minute,
    Ask a person who missed their train.
    To realize the value of One Second,
    Ask the person who survived an accident
    To realize the value of One Millisecond,
    Ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics."
  27. "Would you tell me please which way I ought to walk from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. "I don't care much where-" said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way to walk," said the Cat.

    3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    "It's dreamers against God, and you know who wins that battle"
    - A dream I had a few days ago

    1001? Seriously? My computer would probably explode before the page could finish loading...

    Cherry said...

    Hey is bob your new stalker?

    Unknown said...

    Don't stalkers usually chase after stuff?

    I guess I feel the need to kill my boredom somehow. Doing SAT prep and playing chess paints a picture of an anti-social psychopath.

    I "stalk" other websites too. The difference is that there are more people on them. 0.0