Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No such thing as a selfless deed?

I remember a long long time ago I read a book (I really really can't remember the title )= ) where this boy said there was no such thing as a selfless deed, and the girl kept trying to prove him wrong. She even let a honey bee sting her. WHICH WAS REALLY STUPID, 'CAUSE HONEY BEES DIE WHEN THEY STING SOMEONE/SOMETHING. But she didn't know that, and she thought the bee wanted to sting her, so she let it. ANYWAYS, I thought I agreed because it's true that most of the time, when I'm nice to people, it is because I want something from them; maybe just for them to be nice back to me. I guess it's not being selfish, but it's not completely selfless either.

BUT for the past few days, I haven't been entering in a few of the Seventeen.com giveaways. Usually, I would enter everything in hopes of winning SOMETHING. Because, if I won it and didn't like it, I could always sell it on ebay, or gift it to one of my friends as a birthday present or something. However, since last week, I decided to not enter in the Gossip Girl Season 3 freebie or a lot of the Express swimsuits. Why? Because I am not a Gossip Girl fan and I was not particularly interested in those swimsuits. If I WERE a fan and absolutely wanted those bikinis, I would have appreciated it if someone who didn't really want them didn't enter, so that I would have a better chance of winning. Even though those people don't know that I just gave them a 0.001% better chance of winning whatever they wanted, I did it anyway... I THINK THAT'S PRETTY SELFLESS :D

...or as selfless as you can get. 'Cause, NOW, it's not very selfless that I'm writing about it and that I feel really gracious. So I guess it was so that I feel better about being a person. blegh. whatever. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

By definition, "selfless" means not caring about yourself. If you don't care about yourself, why even live? Food for thought...

Cherry said...

Hahahahaha