Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Huancayo Day 15

I've probably already said this in another post, but today was the best day of my entire existence.

Since I'm so superlatively exhausted, like I usually am by the end of the day here, I will merely attempt to sum up the extraordinaries of today:

Morning:
-Planned on taking a hike with a bunch of the kids (whoever wanted to come) to Torre Torre, this cool reddish rock formation in the mountains near school.
-Changed our plans and decided to hike up to a waterfall instead, with the kids as our tour guides.
-Took FOREVER to get there. Was one of the most tiring, dangerous, and thrilling hikes I've ever experienced.
-My heart smiled because of how cute the kids were, especially the older boys. It's funny how I call them kids when they're only a year or two younger than I am. Abel, Brayan, and Justi all held our the Misses' hands to help us over the river rocks and were just so gentlemen-like. Ahhhh wanted to die from seeing the cuteness. Totally have a crush on all of them.

Afternoon:
-Went back to school at 2 PM for Day 2 and final day of the Olympic games.
-GUESSSS WHOOOO WON?!?!?1? THAT'S RIGHT, MY TEAM, TEAM SOUTH KOREA WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! So freaking proud of my bebes. Ugh totally going to be a soccer mom when I grow up. My kids are just the best in the world.

Evening:
-Got empanadas at this one bakery. So yummy.
-Went shopping for food and supplies for tomorrows' closing ceremony.
-Came home, ate one of my favorite meals (the egg and sausage and fried banana), and made fail sushi for tomorrow.



SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR TOMORROW EEEEEK. On a sadder note, tomorrow is Josy & Cody's last day. I was talking to Cody about it, and it's likely that we'll never see each other again in our lifetimes. Time to sing "For Good" to each other from Wicked.








No comments: