Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

hmmm

So I am going to let myself over-think things this summer...

I've been working towards filling my summer with so many activities so that I don't have a lot of time to think, but recently realized that, if I'm always out and about, my summer would go by very quickly. Too quickly. Should I try to slow it down? But I don't want to be bored... I want to hang out with my friends everyday and go places and have fun. I guess I need a fair amount of everything. I am such a complicated person!

Everything I'm doing this summer, big and small:

- Alg. 2 classes @ whs
- Cerritos College
- lots of Cerritos Library volunteering
- lots of Key Club volunteering
- Band Camp later
- WEB meetings later (reminder: reread 7 habits)
- writing LOTS of reviews for thatswhatcindysaid.blogspot.com
- lots of piano
- lots of violin
- some saxophone
- lots of keeping my room clean
- lots of journal-ing
- lots of being nice to mama, let her think she controls me, don't be out past 9 pm, clean kitchen

This summer is going to be a big transition for me... last summer, I was still more like a 7th grader. I was more 7th grade-ish up until probably November or December 2009. And then, I don't know what happened... but now I'm feeling more and more freshman-y. I don't like it. I like the hanging out with friends and having a better social life part, but I don't like the fact that I'm older. Maybe it's just that I don't know what is in store for me, or is it because of more responsibility? Am I not mature enough? I don't know. "Summer before 9th grade" just sounds a lot bigger than "summer after 7th grade". When I was entering 8th grade, I didn't realize how important the year would be... It's really the last year to be a kid. =/

No comments: